Getting ready for your Disney Vacation? Here’s the Ultimate Disney Packing List (with a free printable!)
Whether it’s your first trip or your 20th trip, packing for Disney can leave you scrambling. There’s a lot to remember!
I’ve put together a list of the most important items you’ll need on your Disney trip, plus a few recommendations/optional items as well!
As a bonus, there’s a free printable Ultimate Disney World packing list you can access at the end of the article.
Alright! Let’s dive in!
*** Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.
1) Lightweight Backpack
- 【Comfortable&Durable Daypack 】The 35L backpack meets size requirements for most airlines, with enough room for a couple of days’ trips. Breathable mesh shoulder straps with plentiful sponge padding help relieve the stress from your shoulder. Widened and thickened S-type shoulder straps and high elastic breathable back support for best ventilation and easing burden.
- 【Lightweight &Roomy】The lightweight backpack for women and men is very spacious 35L(19.7″*12.6″*8.7“), only weight 2.14lb. 2 Front zipped pockets for easy storage and organization; two sides expansible mesh for water bottle and umbrella. One main compartment is roomy enough for your travel essentials: such as clothes and a laptop and is with a water bladder exit on top. (NOT INCLUDED Water Bladder) . This casual daypack is a must-have on any trip.
First up, if you are going to the Disney parks with kids, a park bag is a necessity. This will allow you to bring along snacks, ponchos, phone chargers, etc.
You’ll want something that is comfortable and has support, but can be easily stowed on rides.
String backpacks can cut into your arms and you’ll be miserable by the end of the day. We recommend this hiking backpack as your day bag.
- 50% THICKER FAMILY PACK: Avoid the cheap ponchos and get a durable and thick material rain poncho with drawstrings Men , Women, Teens and children individually packaged
- SAVE FOR YOUR TRIP TO DISNEY: You get a total of 8 ponchos 4 adult and 4 child size
- EASY TO TRAVEL AND CARRY: No need to carry a heavy rain coat or umbrellas in Disney, Hiking, Concerts. Fits in your pocket or bag.
It really depends on what time of year you go to Disney, but in general, you are going to want to bring ponchos.
Florida weather can change very quickly in a short time frame. If you visit in the summer, you’ll likely see rain almost every day. But it’s no big deal because the rain showers rarely last very long.
Our family likes to bring our own ponchos, because it is way cheaper and we are prepared for rain. You can definitely buy a poncho in the park, but you can count on it being super expensive.
This is the big pack of ponchos we recommend. They are lightweight, so you aren’t carrying around something heavy all day and they are inexpensive, so we don’t feel bad if we want to throw them away if they get wet.
3) Cross Body Bag
- MACHINE WASHABLE RECYCLED COTTON – The cotton fabric that you’re familiar with has been reimagined; the exterior fabric is made with 50% recycled cotton fibers and has all of the comfort, softness, and vibrancy that you know and love.
- EVERYDAY USE – Vera Bradley crossbody bags for women are perfect for any occasion – whether you are heading to work, on a weekend getaway, going to a party, or traveling, they are your perfect daily companion to wear over your shoulder or as a sling bag
If you don’t have kids, you might rather wear a crossbody bag instead of a backpack.
Or if you have a big family, you might like to disperse the weight of items by having other people carry bags as well.
I have 4 kids, so I have my oldest daughter carry her own bag. This works great for having money, snack, phone, a drink, etc.
By having others in your group carry their own crossbody bags, this will help out the backpack bearer too.
In general, I recommend lightweight bags with lots of zippers. This one by Vera Bradley is very similar to what I use.
4) Portable Phone Charger
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Remarkably Compact: One of the smallest and lightest 10,000mAh portable chargers. Provides almost three-and-a-half iPhone 8 charges or two-and-a-half Galaxy S8 charges.
- High-Speed Charging: Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge for any device. Qualcomm Quick Charge not supported.
- Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 10000 portable charger, Micro USB cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. USB-C and Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately
Since you’ll need to use the My Disney Experience App for wait times, Genie+, mobile ordering and more, you’ll want to make sure you bring a portable phone charger.
You’ll be taking pictures, using the App for wait times and mobile ordering. This can seriously drain your phone battery quickly.
This portable phone charger is great for giving your phone a quick recharge. And of course, don’t forget your phone cord!
5) Small Soft-Sided Cooler
- EASY TO CARRY: Padded top handle makes lunchbox easy to pull out of a bag and carry around
- DURABLE: Waxed canvas and reinforced coating on base repels dirt and water
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Inner mesh pocket for storing utensils, snacks, and more
- LEAKPROOF: Welded seams prevent leaks
- SUPERIOR ICE RETENTION: TempLock Insulation keeps food and drinks cold for hours
Food and Drinks at Disney are expensive. Our family always packs a small collapsible cooler. We just pack one drink per person as drinks can be heavy to carry around. This gets us through the morning and then we buy a drink at lunch.
Florida is usually pretty hot, so your drink won’t stay cold very long without a cooler. We use a lightweight cooler that is big enough to hold a few drinks.
Just remember that Disney does not allow dry ice or loose ice in your coolers.
Normally our family is all about reusable water bottles, but not at Disney.
We like to be able to toss our water bottles in the trash after we finish so that we don’t have to carry the extra weight/bulk in our bag all day. Plus, you don’t have to worry about losing your expensive water bottle either.
Did you know you can bring your own food into Disney World theme parks?
Our family loves to pack a small snack. It’s super handy to be able to grab a snack out of your bag in a long line. This helps kids refresh and regroup, and neutralize any hangry feelings.
And of course it helps the line waiting time to pass more quickly.
And a shout out to Lay’s Stax. I like the way the Lay’s container keeps the chips from getting crushed in our park bag.
You can definitely find snacks at the parks, but you will save some serious cash if you pack your own.
- CHEWY GRANOLA BARS: Protein Granola Bars made with dark chocolate chunks, peanuts, and almonds bringing your taste buds along for a sweet and salty flavor explosion; A must-have for an on-the-go snack or in a lunch box
- PROTEIN PACKED: An excellent source of protein with 10 grams per serving, for a quick and natural energy boost; The perfect snack to keep you going
- PERFECTLY PORTABLE: Convenient bars for snack time or an on-the-go invigorating treat; Perfect for the pantry, lunch box, and hiking trail
Our family likes to have access to quick breakfast items in our hotel room. If you plan to get to the parks early for rope-drop, I recommend this!
We buy cereal, milk, granola bars, etc. We also make sure to bring our own bowls, spoons, and cups.
My kids usually eat breakfast while I finish getting myself ready. They usually do cereal. Then I eat my breakfast (a protein bar) as we wait in line to enter the park.
Be sure to check with your hotel to see what amenities you have in your room or at your resort. Most Disney budget hotels have a small mini fridge and coffee maker. You won’t usually find a microwave.
- SUPERIOR ENDURANCE VS. SWEAT & WATER — From family fun to hardcore competition, Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen provides strong sun protection that stays on so you can play on
- CLINICALLY PROVEN UVA/UVB PROTECTION — This SPF 50 broad spectrum sunscreen lotion protects skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays
- LIGHTWEIGHT, BREATHABLE FORMULA — Non-greasy feel won’t weigh you down
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE SUNSCREEN — Water & sweat resistant up to 80 minutes
- FREE FROM oxybenzone and octinoxate
Sunscreen is a must in Florida! Nothing will ruin your vacation faster than a bad sunburn. The Florida heat can be brutal.
I recommend getting a large family size sunscreen with a pump for easy application in the hotel.
We also buy a mini sunscreen container to carry in our park bag, in case one of us starts looking pink and needs to reapply sunscreen in the parks.
You’ll enjoy that beautiful Florida Sunshine much more if you wear sunglasses.
I recommend bringing 2 pairs of sunglasses for yourself. A full day of wearing sunglasses can start to rub your ears. It can make a huge difference to have a different pair to wear the next day!
10) Ziploc Bag
- One 28 count box of Ziploc Gallon Food Storage Freezer Bags to protect food in the fridge or freezer
- Introducing Ziploc brand Freezer Bags with New Stay Open Design – they stay open when you want them to, making them really easy to fill, almost like having an extra pair of hands in the kitchen to help you out
- They’re easy to open and close thanks to Grip n’ Seal technology, which also helps to lock in freshness so the food and treats you store taste great
Ziploc bags have always been a must on my Disney packing list.
They are perfect for splitting snacks up when you are on the go.
We also use them for keeping our phones dry on water rides. (Some of those rides are soakers!)
- 20-count box of decorative Mickey Mouse Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages for kids and toddlers in assorted sizes to cover and protect minor cuts and scrapes to deliver daily wound protection
- Character bandages designed with fun Disney’s Mickey Mouse graphics in adorable and colorful designs to make first aid more fun for your child
- These Disney Mickey Mouse kids’ bandages are designed to cover and protect minor cuts and scrapes with nonstick pad that does not stick to the wound
Band-Aids are another must-have item in your bag! They are perfect for when your get a small scratch or blister.
It’s nice to not have to go all the way across the park to the First Aid Station just to get a Band-Aid. Just pack a few!
12) Mole Skin
- Thin design conforms to the foot and fits in all shoes
- Designed to stay on all day
- Cuttable Moleskin can be shaped to any size
- Can be cut to any size, including use for large areas
This Dr. Scholl’s Mole Skin is a lifesaver for blisters. If your shoes happen to rub your foot wrong, you can use this to cover your blisters to make your shoe more comfortable.
I usually pack it as a “better safe than sorry” item. But I’ll admit that I had my feet covered in this on my last trip.
Apparently, since I hadn’t worn my sandals all winter long, it was as though they were new again and they killed my feet on the first day.
Thank goodness for Mole Skin! Also, make sure to pack scissors to cut it to size.
13) Travel Size Umbrellas
- UPSIDE DOWN UMBRELLA TECHNOLOGY: Our inverted umbrella features a unique inside out reverse folding frame that’s windproof for long lasting durability. The inverted folding technology makes it easy to enter and exit cars, doors, and other tight spaces without getting wet. The inverted frame traps water when closing, ensuring pesky droplets fly away instead of in your face
- 8 TWIN LAYERED REINFORCED FIBERGLASS RIBS: We designed our windproof umbrella to withstand the fury of Mother Nature. To do so, we created an 8 rib canopy structure reinforced with ultra strong fiberglass. The ribs of our inside out umbrella feature fail safe technology that inverts the canopy to prevent breaking caused by extreme wind gusts
Bring at least two small umbrellas if you have a family.
In general, we don’t bring our umbrellas into the parks every day. However, if rain is in the forecast for a whole day, it’s nice to have them. Ponchos are great, but combined with an umbrella – you’ll stay much more comfortable.
14) Anti-bacterial Wipes
- KILLS 99.99% OF GERMS* — While wiping away dirt and messes
- WET ONES TRAVEL PACK HAND SANITIZING WIPES — Leave hands feeling smooth, soft, and clean
- HAND SANITIZER WIPES WITH A FRESH SCENT — And a touch of aloe
- SCENTED HAND WIPES THAT ARE TOUGH ON GERMS AND GENTLE ON SKIN — With no sticky residue
- PEDIATRICIAN TESTED ANTIBACTERIAL WIPES — Hypoallergenic and paraben free travel sanitizing wipes
I like to keep some anti-bacterial wipes in my bag for situations where I can’t wipe my hands off easily.
It comes in handy for us as an allergy family. And of course, it can help keep your family healthier during the trip. I prefer the antibacterial wipes – but if hand sanitizer is your go-to, do it!
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Quick-drying fabric
- Swim trunk has functional draw cord
- Mesh lining
- Trusted Carter’s quality, every day low prices, and hassle-free tag less packaging-exclusively for Amazon member
Packing a swimsuit is always smart. It gives you options. We don’t tend to swim when we are on Disney vacations because we spend so much time in the parks. However, we always pack them in case we decide to take a little break from the parks in the afternoon.
You might like to plan an “off day” in middle of your vacation, when you don’t go to the parks. Instead you might enjoy the hotel pool, a local beach, or you can go to a Disney water park.
Having a “non park day” on your vacation can help you relax, take a break from all the walking and enjoy your Disney vacation a little more.
So, don’t forget all your pool essentials – bathing suit, swimsuit cover ups, sun block, swim diapers for the baby, and more!
16) Extra Clothing
- Cushioned in the foot for comfort and durability.
- Moisture-wicking yarn keeps your feet dry from sweat.
- Arch compression for a secure fit.
We always pack extra outfits, socks and underwear for everyone. It may come in handy if you get soaked unexpectedly by the rain or on a water ride.
It’s so nice to have extra clothes back at the hotel. That way you can transition to your evening plans without worrying about using up your clean clothes.
In addition, if you plan on dining in a fancy restaurant be sure to check the dress code. Most Disney restaurants are fine with casual wear, but there are some fine dining restaurants at the Disney resorts that do require nicer clothing. You can find a list of the fine dining restaurants with dress codes here.
17) Comfortable Socks
There’s a LOT of walking at Disney World. Nice high quality socks can make a huge difference in the amount of blisters you might get. An ounce of prevention goes a long way! (I use Adidas socks and they are worth every penny.)
18) Extras of Necessities
Doesn’t it seem like you always lose a contact lens or something important at the worst time!? To avoid inconveniences like that, we try to pack a few extras. This applies to things like diapers for the kids, wipes, and feminine hygiene products.
19) Nail Clippers
- Nail Clippers Set – HAWATOUR Nail Clipper Set contains fingernail and toenail clippers, small fingernail clipper with curved edge to fit your finger nail and big toenail clipper with sharp edge for your thick toenail
- Ergonomic Design – Manicure is never a problem with our ergonomically designed nail clippers. The handles are designed slightly longer to provide the comfort while clipping the nails. The levers comes with proper grips which allows you to avoid uneven cuts and it requires less force to control the clippers
- Sharp Blade – The clippers will make your nails perfectly cut and well groomed, with the sharp and precise blade, the cutting edge will not tear or split nails
- High Quality Stainless Steel – The nail clippers made of high quality 430 stainless steel to provide more functionality and durability
- Beautiful Box – It comes with a beautiful box to store the clippers. With this box, there will be no more wasting time to search for a lost nail clipper because you can know right where it is
Pack a pair of nail clippers to avoid those annoying hangnails. We just keep these back at the hotel.
Wearing a hat is another smart way to keep the sun off your head and keep cool. It can protect you from getting a sunburn on your head.
Choose a hat that fits you well so that it doesn’t fly off on a ride. Or bring a hat that can be tucked into your bag when you get on a fast ride.
21) Medicine Bag
Our family packs vitamins, headache medicine, ibuprofen, antacids, prescriptions, etc. in a medicine bag. We like to be prepared so that we don’t have to waste time tracking down what we want. We leave this in our hotel room.
22) Weather Appropriate Clothing
- One size fits most; head measurement: 57 cm, 22-3/8″, Size 7-1/8
- Made with 100% acrylic
- Inner sherpa/fuzzy lined for extra warmth
- Stylish accessory to match with cardigans, scarves, leggings and more
- For styled hair or bad hair day
It’s smart to look up Orlando’s weather the week before you visit to get a feel for what the temperatures might be like when you are there.
Winter time in Florida can be chilly, so you might need a coat, gloves and hat. Summer can be really hot, so you’ll want shorts and t-shirts.
23) Ear Plugs and Sleep App
Sometimes you get really unlucky with your hotel room and get placed across from a noisy pool or next to a noisy neighbor.
To help get a good night’s rest, I recommend bringing ear plugs and/or installing a sleep app on your phone to make ambient noise.
24) Comfortable Shoes
Again, there’s a LOT of walking at Disney World. You must have comfortable shoes!
Make sure to wear sneakers that you have broken in (for at least a few months) as well as a pair of sandals that you have worn regularly for several weeks before your trip. It’s nice to be able to swap out shoes to keep your feet comfortable.
You can find our Disney World shoe recommendations here.
25) Trash Bags
- Includes 45 tall kitchen garbage bags
- Individual bag dimensions: 24inches wide x 27 3/8 inches tall with 0.9 mil bag thickness
- Each trash bag has a 13-gallon capacity
- White trash bag with red drawstring closure for easy tying and carrying
- Clean fresh scent
Trash bags come in handy for dirty laundry. I like to have a few with me to place my dirty laundry in before I repack it into my suitcase.
Make sure everything is 100% dry to avoid problems due to moisture!
26) Autograph Book
If you plan to meet some Disney characters, you might like to bring an autograph book and pen. There’s really cute Autograph Book options here that you can order from Amazon.
Young kids love meeting their favorite characters! It just might be the best part of the trip for them!
27) Magic Bands
If you decided to purchase MagicBands – don’t forget to pack them! MagicBands are a convenient way to tap in for your Genie+ Lightning Lanes, open your Disney hotel room and more. They aren’t necessary, but they sure are convenient.
28) Disney Apparel
- Officially Licensed Disney Pixar Apparel
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
It’s time to pack all things Disney! So, pack those Mickey Mouse shirts, Frozen themed tees, and WALL-E t-shirts! Wearing your favorite Disney Characters is cool at Disney!
29) Mickey Ears
If you own Mickey Mouse Ears – now is the time to wear them! It’s classic Disney attire! There’s nothing more picture perfect than wearing your Mickey Mouse ears in front of Cinderella’s Castle.
30) Motion Sickness Remedies
- Sea-Band: Sea-Band, motion sickness wristbands, help relieve nausea from morning sickness, chemotherapy, surgery, car sickness, etc; Sea-Band anti-nausea wristbands are safe, reusable and washable
- Wristband for nausea relief: Sea-Bands work by applying pressure to the P6 (Nei Kuan) acupressure point on each wrist; Applying pressure to this point has been proven to relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Wave goodbye to travel sickness: Do you or your child suffer from motion sickness, sea sickness, or car sickness when you travel; Sea band anti-nausea products can help you feel better, naturally
If you or someone in your family is prone to motion sickness, you’ll want to bring some items with you to help with nausea.
My go-to item is SeaBands. They are little bracelets that you can wear on your wrists to help keep you from nausea.
Be sure to check out all my tips on Avoiding Motion Sickness at Disney here.
Free Printable Disney Packing List
Ready to download the free packing list for Disney? We’ve included everything on this list and essential items!
Here’s your free printable ultimate packing list:
Do Not Pack:
Here’s a few items you’ll want to be aware of and NOT pack.
1) Prohibited Items – There’s a few items Disney does not allow in the park. You’ll want to take note of the most updated information on the Disney website. No wagons are allowed. Strollers and backpacks have to be within the size restrictions. Don’t bring pepper spray, pocket knives, whistles, noise makers, selfie sticks, drones, and shoes with wheels. These are just a few of the items not allowed – be sure to check the full list before your trip!
2) New Shoes – Always bring comfortable shoes you have already broken in. As we discussed up above, you’ll walk a LOT. New shoes will give you blisters before the first day is over.
3) Loose Ice or Dry Ice – Disney doesn’t allow loose ice in your collapsible cooler. Consider reusable ice packs.
4) No Pool Noodles – You can’t bring swim noodles or flotation toys to the Disney Water parks. Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed.
More Disney Planning Tips
Looking for more Walt Disney World resort information?
If you’re planning your first trip to the most magical place – you can find Best Disney World Tips for First Timers here.
Want to learn about something specific like Blizzard Beach, the best Disney World Hotel, or find the best roller coaster rides? Find amazing information on YouTube with the Best Disney Vloggers.
Have small children? Here’s the Best Rides for Toddlers at Magic Kingdom.
Planning a trip to Animal Kingdom? Here’s the best rides at Animal Kingdom and 1 to skip!
You can find the Ultimate List of Magic Kingdom tips here. All of our best tips so that you have the most magical vacation possible.
We truly hope you have the best Disney World Vacation! If you’d like to save this article for later, Pin the image below to save this to your Disney World trip board on Pinterest.